In this position you will be working in the Preclinical facility in Schaijk (Noord Brabant, The Netherlands) covering early-stage research and preclinical services. You are responsible for preclinical testing of vaccines and antiviral drugs against virus diseases. As Study Director you will be managing assigned preclinical studies and report directly to the general manager. You will work closely together with your peers, a team of three other Study Directors and will be concerned with the design and planning of experiments, obtaining ethics approval (on project proposals and working protocols), undertaking experiments, preparing and getting approval for all documents related to preclinical experiments (such as protocols and reports).
The following tasks will be a part of your responsibilities:
- You inform the operations manager about all the resources you need for the proper conduct of the assigned projects on a daily basis. while being in the lab and animal room at critical moments yourself to be fully in control;
- You performed lab techniques like PCR, virus titrations; antibody detection assays, like ELISA, hemagglutination inhibition and virus neutralization according to (ISO15189/GLP) quality standards by using standards operating procedures (SOPs) and forms in the lab;
- You will maintain adequate communication with colleagues and third parties to ensure swift project progress and delivery of milestones;
- You work safely with pathogenic viruses (BSL-2, BSL-3);
- You will be involved in project acquisition and business development activities.
You have attention for details and a focus on quality. With your project managing and communication skills you are able to lead your projects to a success! You use your mentoring skills to lead your team. You are a professional who like to take initiative, highly motivated to achieve and have focus on results. You are able and willing to work outside normal business hours and at different locations.
Education and experience
• You have a PhD in Microbiology, virology and/or immunology is a must
• Working experience in a BSL-2/3 laboratory or willing to follow the required training
• We would appreciate your documented experience to work in a BSL-2/3 laboratory or otherwise
• Laboratory animal science article 9 certification is a must.
Our client is a pre-clinical facility for vaccine development.