You want to be part of a leading diagnostic services organisation within virology, where you will use your experience as Bio Informatician, Sequencing plays an increasingly important role in the services to their customers within Pharma and Hospitals. As part of the sequencing centre of excellence you are always looking for new methods and techniques within data management/bioinformatics. The current generation of sequencers (Ilumina, PacBio, Nanopore) are capable of producing large quantities of sequencing data and the challenge is to extract meaningful information from this mass of data. You are constantly adjusting the inhouse developed software to meet the ever-changing requirements. The software you work with is not just about sequencing but covers many areas of the laboratory, from input, transformation, analysis to reporting of the data generated. Because quality is a priority, you will contribute to the continuous improvement of the business processes and therefore also to the data analyses that are part of them. o solve complex mass data related questions.
You are one of the more experienced Bioinformaticians within the team and work together with eight colleagues. You play an important role in the projects for example in solving questions and problems. Besides that you will contribute to further increase of the level of knowledge of the team. You will play a role in making procedures better, safer and faster. With your inquisitive and passionate attitude, you like to puzzle over complicated issues; finding solutions is a fascinating part of your work. You work closely with Project Managers, Scientists, Business Developers and Software Developers and report to the IT Manager.
- You are co-responsible for the planning and budgeting of Bioinformatics and data management activities within the organisation
- You have an advisory role regarding roadmap and long term strategy
- You have an advisory and coaching role towards colleagues
- You fulfil an expert role in the communication with scientists and customers
- You are responsible for he maintenance of the data analysis pipelines and analysis software
- Strong Python skills and extensive experience in analysing big sets of biological data
- A degree in Bioinformatics or equal is strongly desired
- Experience with SQL-based databases and a minimum of one shell scripting language
- Good English, spoken and written.
Our client is a leader in the strongly growing and very dynamic market of diagnostic services companies. As a service organization they offer serological, virus-based, and molecular analyses of any type of sample from clinical studies and combine this with a global logistics service network. They are highly specialized in molecular virology assays.