Product Developer topical Medical Devices and/or Cosmetics
As a Product Developer, you successfully setup, develop, qualify and validate endolysin-based Medical Devices and Cosmetic products. You execute and report Prototype Formulation and Process development studies, looking at Stability, Compatibility, Activity and troubleshooting. For this purpose, you draft study plans and reports and ensure these are correctly documented according to current procedures. Examples of prototype formulations are emulsions, gels and sprayable solutions. You report to the Product Development Lead and collaborate with the QA Team, the Analytical Development Team and the Marketing Department.
Further responsibilities are:
- Writing procedures, protocols and specifications needed to support product development activities.
- Making small batches of formulations to evaluate internally and send to customers.
- Set up and maintain various equipment used for making formulations.
- Maintain working relationships with cross-functional teams, labs, and international colleagues to ensure breadth and depth of product studies.
- Being part of a growing company with growing production facilities.
- Working with innovative products.
- Develop and Implement Process Improvements.
- Increasing responsibility due to growth of the company.
As Product Developer you will be working in a young team, therefore you are a self-starter and able to work independently but with a strong team players mentality. With your scientific mindset you proactively come up with new ideas for new formulations or improvements to existing formulations
- Preferably a Master Degree in Pharmacy, Cosmetic Science, Chemistry (or equivalent).
- Several years of hands-on experience in semi-solid product development (i.e. gels, creams, ointments, sprays) in an industrial environment, preferably in formulation development of topical Medical Devices and/or Cosmetics and/or protein pharmaceuticals. Experience with protein formulation development is a plus.
- Experience with analytical methods required for formulation characterization (i.e. viscosity, density, liquid chromatography, complex sample preparation).
- Knowledge regarding GMP requirements. Knowledge of ISO 13485, ISO 22716 and Cosmetic regulation 1223/2009 is a plus.